+ Reply to Thread

Does B&R use a cheaper out of house movement??

How good is their movement ?? I herd it is a $300 out of house movement??

I think most movements are base ETA.

This is not necessarily a negative thing as ETA movements have proven reliability and are most likely a lot easier to service internationally than in house or highly modified base movements.

If the ETA movement for some reason fails it could be a lot more cost efficient to swap it out for another.

If Bell & Ross start manufacturing their own in house movements or modify existing ETA’s to make them more unique I would expect the price of their timepieces to raise significantly and so would the servicing costs.

Like anything in this world you are not just paying for the engine but for the total product as a whole which includes design, manufacturing, distributing, branding and advertising etc.

If it's a Swiss movement it's pretty much going to be from Swatch Group. No reason to worry about it; the quality is top notch.

Airman Basic
    I don't know what movement they use but I've only had mine for a month and it had to be sent back to France for servicing as it gained about 2 minutes per week. Won't be back to me for 6 weeks so I'm told. A little unhappy about this as I've only just got it!

Sorry to hear about that, I hope it comes back sooner than this.

May I ask what Bell & Ross you purchased, I notice you are Auckland as well, did you purchase it from Auckland’s/New Zealand’s only Bell & Ross authorized dealer?

Regards.

Airman Basic
    My watch is a BR 03-92 Carbon. It was purchased at Partridge Jewellers in Auckland who are New Zealand's only authorised dealer.

Spoke to them again today and they just said you'll have to wait as this is the process that you have to go through with not only B&R but all the watch dealers.

Sounds like all the watch brands have the same slow customer service for this part of the world. When you pay good money for a watch you expect quicker service than a 6 week or so turn around.

I visit the same AD if I am in the CBD by chance for some other reason; only usually make a flying visit as more often than not I am parked in a loading zone in High Street as I can’t be bothered paying for parking.

I have eyed up their B & R’s amongst other brands and tried on a couple of BR02’s which I think I will make my next watch as I am drawn to the minimalistic clean design.

I am just wondering with their B & R’s being on display for perhaps an extended period of time without the movements operating would play a part in the watches not performing to optimum levels of accuracy, hence yours running fast.

Just a thought, would not know if this was true of false.

All the best for getting your watch back running more precise and I hope you are looked after well by the AD and B & R.

Airman Basic
    Thanks. The watch i bought had just arrived in the country. I had to wait a week for the watch to arrive when I went to purchase it as they had just sold the last one they had in stock.

I do love the watch apart form the problem I'm having! As you said, minimal clean design. Classic with a twist.