+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy BR02 just stopped

My 2 week old BR02 stopped dead in its tracks and now the second hand remains motionless.

I can hear the rotor spinning but that’s all and not a tick to be heard.

I guess no one has any clues on why, how or what and any suggestions to get it going again?

I will dropped it off to an AD tomorrow, may have to be sent away I guess, well if they do I hope B & R will look after me.

Thanks.

Senior Master Sergeant
    Six- I would wait and see what the AD advices.
    Hope that it gets sorted out for you shortly.
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Ok I took the watch to an AD today and they said they will have to send the watch off including my warranty card to B & R, wherever that is? France?

The dealer did mention something about it could take up to 3 months for a repair, good grieve if that’s the case it will be 6 times longer than I have owed the watch.

If I have to wait that long I hope it comes back 105+% perfect.

When I get it back I wonder if my warranty is reimbursed for the 3 months downtime it is not on my wrist?

3 months for a 2 week old watch?? :-( :-(

Thanks.
    Last edited by six13; 04-14-2012 at 03:16.

Airman
    Hi six13, sorry for the sad news

Did they say anything about your watch? what might cause it to stop? And did they explain why it need 3 months to repair?

I think they will send it back to your region service center. In my case when i ask about my red radar's noise, they refer me to send the watch to Singapore!!

I just spoke to one of the sales girls, she would have no idea why it would stop, they are an AD for a large range of high end brands and B & R is just one of them.

I am not sure that they would have a service center in my country; I very much doubt they do or it would not take that long.

So I am not sure what service center it would be shipped too.

The 3 months I think is at the far end of the estimated service time frame (well I hope it is), but it sounds to me that she was speaking of past experience and this is how long it has taken for others to be returned.

Still I can’t believe my new watch just stopped for no apparent reason, my misfortune has not really sunk in yet.

Airman
    Hey Six13 ...

Any news yet about your watch?

I'm experiencing something similar too. Usually after i wear it all day long and put it in the box at night, my watch will keep running until tomorrow morning. However in this weekend, i only used it briefly on saturday (about 1-2 hours) and on sunday i also use it for about 3 hours in the morning. After i put it back to the box the watch died at 3.15am pressumably ...

I didn't realize it at first until i worn it for 15 minute and when i look at the watch it is dead at 3.15, had to match the time and shake my watch couple of times to get it move again. Is this normally happened? According to the manual book, the watch should have more or less 40 hours of power reserve ... and sunday morning until monday 3.15am is not 40 hours ...

I'm getting worried about the durability of my watch too

No news on my watch yet.

I was wearing my BR02 24/7 on an active wrist (of course not that active when sleeping but still on my wrist) and it still decided to stop and not even manual winding would start up the movement again.

In your case the watch may indeed run down if your watch is not wound or worn regularly, especially if kept in a box at night.

In order to achieve the 40 hour power reserve (this would be an absolute maximum by the way claimed by the manufacturer) the watch would have to be worn on an active wrist and then be fully manually wound. But by what you have written the watch was worn intermittently and only for a few hours giving it a chance to run down.

I have another high end time piece that as a claimed power reserve and after I placed it in the draw as I was wearing my new BR02 the other watch started running down and stopping and it did not match the claimed power reserve. This is the first time my other watch has stopped in 3 years since I own it brand new and I never ever manually wound it as I was wearing it all the time.

This is a major reason why I am disappointed in my 2 week old BR02, as I have worn it 24/7 like my other automatic and I am an active person and the watch stopped and never to start again.

Since I was not wearing the other watch it just kept running down and stopping earlier and earlier. You really have to have those movements wound all the time (if not worn) or they will stop.

But best to monitor your watch all the same and you may have to purchase a watch winder (this is what a watch winder are designed for) or manually wind it often if you are not wearing it all the time.
    Last edited by six13; 04-23-2012 at 10:12.

Airman
    Thanks for the information six13 ...

Now i am clear because i always put my watch back in the box once i got home ... I guess you are correct because i worn it less than 12 hours everyday. And i worn it on my left arm, which is not my active wrist.

I begin to worried since i heard about your BR02 and reading other forum about the loose minute. I feel scared my watch suddenly experience a trouble or stop and die. I hope they could repair your watch quickly and get it back to normal again. I am very curious why would your watch died, since i pick bell & ross to become my first high end watch due to their claim of making a professional watch instruments for pilots, navy, bomb squad and even French's elite GIGN. I guess both you and me expects a very durable watch.

I guess i have to buy one of those watch winder. Heard there is the clockwise and counter clockwise one and even move both ways, which one should i pick?

Sorry I can’t really advice you on which watch winder to buy as I am not sure what would be best for your watch or that particular ETA movement (whatever it may be).

I have not really researched too far in depths with watch winders so I would not like to advice.

Maybe you can do a little research on your own from the internet or perhaps start a new Tread on here or another forum that you know of that has a lot of traffic titled “What type of watch winder would be best for my B & R Radar?”

Regards.
    Last edited by six13; 04-27-2012 at 05:59.

I rang the AD this morning to clarify a few questions regarding my BR02 and the answers I received from them are as follows:

1. The watch was sent to France from New Zealand.

2. The watch will take approximately 6 weeks to be sent back to the AD once repaired, perhaps longer.

3. B & R will not replace the watch regardless of how new it is or how long I have owed it and will repair instead.

4. There will be no correspondence from B & R in the meantime (unless something out of the ordinary) and will be sent back to the AD repaired.

I hope nothing out of the ordinary comes up and will be sent back 100% perfect around the 6 week mark.

Missing my BR02 now and looking at my photos of it do not seem to help much.
    Last edited by six13; 04-28-2012 at 01:05.

Sorry for the sad new, hope it wont be too long.
    Surprised that they send it back to france, i was thinking they had a service center in asia but obviously not.
    One thing is sure, service in france is very efficient and your watch should come back in 100% working State

Regarding your warranty pretty sure BR wont extand it for the time in service but you might ask to your AD to do it
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

Quote Originally Posted by Gudzyy View Post
    Sorry for the sad new, hope it wont be too long.
    Surprised that they send it back to france, i was thinking they had a service center in asia but obviously not.
    One thing is sure, service in france is very efficient and your watch should come back in 100% working State

Regarding your warranty pretty sure BR wont extand it for the time in service but you might ask to your AD to do it
    They may well have a service centre in Asia but as I live in New Zealand I guess it is not much further to send the watch to Europe.

“One thing is sure, service in France is very efficient and your watch should come back in 100% working State.”

That’s what I was hoping in sending it to France where the B & R HQ is, so I am happy that The AD has done this.

Airman
    Hopefully when the watch back to your wrist it can perform well six13! Tell us the result when it come back ...
    BR 01-92 Red Radar #658/999
    IWC Big Pilot 5004 DFB Edition #038/250
    Rolex Submariner Lunette Verde

Ok enough Already if you are not going to wear the watch all day you need to wind it by hand. some times just wearing it again, or shacking a few times it is not enough. Please do your research on auto wind watches. Thanks hope that helps

Airman Basic
    I think you are being a little harsh, Sean! I t is perfectly reasonable to expect a regularly worm watch to keep going overnight and not stop. Moreover I have several ETA watches that will last 36 hours.

Ok my BR02 is finally back from the service center and it is ticking away fine now.

A lume problem I had on the hour hand has also been corrected and is now more uniform.

The AD said the warranty is now 2 years from the date of this repair which is also pleasing.

Thank you Bell & Ross for sorting these 3 issues out for me.

Senior Master Sergeant
    I do love that last picture!
    glad to see it back safe and sound, 6.
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Airman
    I'm happy for your watch finally returned and all the problem solved!

Your pictures are beautiful, especially the third one as simon say

How do you post big pictures six13? Last time i tried, it become attachment
    BR 01-92 Red Radar #658/999
    IWC Big Pilot 5004 DFB Edition #038/250
    Rolex Submariner Lunette Verde

Yes I am pleased I have the watch back, I love the look of this watch.

To post big photos I have 1st uploaded them to Photobucket and once uploaded I copy and paste the ‘IMG code’ below the photo directly into the reply box that you have typed your message into.

I have some additional good news.

For the 2 weeks I owned the watch before it stopped it was running around 10 seconds fast a day and now after receiving the watch back it is now lost approximately a total of 5 seconds in 6 days, excellent.

Thanks once again Bell & Ross.