+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Master Sergeant

B&R Party at Hotel de Invalides, 18th September, 2012

…Invalides, iconic tower

It was both an honour and a privilege to be at the Hotel des Invalides, on Tuesday 18th Sepetember 2012, to witness the ceremony of Carlos Rosillo receiving the National Order of the Legion of Honour on behalf of his services to France.
    Carlos, dedicated this honour to his friend and business partner, Bruno Belamich, his family and all the staff of Bell & Ross.
    Both an emotionally moving and highly amusing speech.

…Carlos receiving the medal from General Baptiste, Director of Musee L’armee

I decided that I would like to share the opportunity of viewing this wonderful medal, as I am sure that some did not get to see it, let alone close up.

The medal explained:
    The Legion of Honour, or in full the National Order of the Legion of Honour (French: Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur) is a French order established by Napoleon Bonaparte, First Consul of the Consulat which succeeded to the Directoire, on 19 May 1802. The Order is the highest decoration in France and is divided into five degrees: Chevalier (Knight), Officier (Officer), Commandeur (Commander), Grand Officier (Grand Officer) and Grand Croix (Grand Cross).
    The order's motto is Honneur et Patrie ("Honour and Fatherland"), and its seat is the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur on the left bank of the River Seine in Paris.

The list of people awarded this honour is a prestigious one, including Lawrence Olivier and Sir Paul McCartney, to name just a few.

The medal:

L’hôtel des Invalides est un monument parisien dont la construction fut ordonnée par Louis XIV par l'ordonnance du 24*février*1677, pour abriter les invalides de ses armées. Aujourd'hui, il accueille toujours des invalides, mais également plusieurs musées et une nécropole militaire.

I took the time to photograph the novelties offered from Baselworld 2012, including the Monopoussoir WW1 models and the WW2.

…crown detail of the Vintage WW1 Ivory dial Monopoussoir, depicting the famous ‘&’.

…the Vintage WW1 Heritage Monopoussoir

…detail of the WW2 Heritage Regulator

…guests, friends and colleagues, enjoyed Ruinart Champagne, fine canopies and cuban cigars that were on offer, as well as a singer accompanied by a pianist.
    Guests had the exclusivity, of receiving the Bell & Ross Catalogue for 2012-2013, which includes the new models on offer.
    This came in the very distinctive BR01 Black Pilot bag, which was designed initially for pilots to carry their helmet, gloves and anything of importance needed for flight.

…Bruno & Carlos, with bloggers, friends, colleagues and myself.

THANK YOU.
    MERCI BEAUCOUP.
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    thanks for sharing Simon...awesome pics, interesting comments....
    i was also happy and proud to be present at this event.
    Thanks a lot to Bell&Ross and congratulation Mr ROSILLO.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1340 View Post
    thanks for sharing Simon...awesome pics, interesting comments....
    i was also happy and proud to be present at this event.
    Thanks a lot to Bell&Ross and congratulation Mr ROSILLO.
    +10000!!!
    It was (as always) a great party

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti