+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

Question BR01-93 Was fast, then slow

Hi all,

Got my BR01-93 about a month ago and i loved it to bits.

For the first week of owning it, the time ran 20 secs fast after a week.

I understand that it is still within the movement's tolerance of -0/+10s a day.

After resetting the time, i found out that it began to run slow. Now, losing approx. 15secs every 3 days.

So far from all the thread i've read, all bell & ross watches ended up fast, seldom slow.

Is mine normal? Also, the booklet says -0/+10s a day. So it means that B&R guarantees that it will never run slow rignt?

Apart from the manufacturer's tolerances, what is an acceptable tolerance (as a user) i should expect from the ETA-2893 movement? Anyone knows what grade of ETA-2893 is B&R using in the BR01-93?

Thanks in advance!

Automatic movements will probably start running slower over time as it is mechanical and after a while the mainspring and other components may go out of tolerances and need readjusting to compensate.

Therefore I am happy to have a movement that will run a little fast to begin with knowing that it may wear and slow down in the future.

I am sure the ETA movement is a good choice by B & R but it is only as good as the watchmaker adjusting it and I do not think anyone can guarantee it will not run a little slow at some point.

It does however seem strange that it was running fast and after adjusting the time it now runs slow for no apparent reason unless it was knocked or something went out of tolerances when you did the time adjustment.

I would find 15 seconds/3 days a bit annoying even though it is not a dramatic amount and maybe within tolerances. I would keep monitoring the movement as it may worsen considering it started losing time all of a sudden.

If you are not happy with it at the moment just take it to the dealer you bought it from and see what they advice and if it is worth while sending it back to B & R for an under warrantee adjustment.

Best of Luck.
    Last edited by six13; 09-30-2012 at 22:33.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Do you work near strong electromagnetic fields?

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Airman Basic
    Hi Six3,

I've been monitoring the watch and its still slow by around 5 seconds a day.

It may not be dramatic but its hell annoying!

Kronofred,

No, i am not near any strong electromagnetic field.

I shall drop by B&R service center one of these days to get them to recalibrate my watch. I can't accept such inaccuracies because my Oris Automatic which is 8 times cheaper than my BR only misses 1 sec in 2 days!

B & R service center should be able to calibrate the movement to the accurate levels you are expecting.

I sent my BR02 in for an under warranty adjustment and now runs at +1 second a day at the very most which I find is amazing accuracy. However my BR02 was not running to -5 seconds a day but far worse so I am not sure if your 5 seconds is within B & R tolerances therefore I am not certain if this will covered under warranty.

However If it is still under warranty I would not hesitate but at least try and send it in as soon as you can, although you may have to go without it for a few weeks.
    Last edited by six13; 10-05-2012 at 21:54.

Airman Basic
    Update:

About 2 weeks ago, my watch went bezerk!

From losing 5 secs a day as i was complaining about...it started gaining time. Real fast. Up to 3 mins a day!

So this calls for a trip to the B&R service center. They took the watch, demagnetized it and returned to me in less than 20 mins. Told me to monitor further.

8 days has passed...i lost 28 secs. Which translates to losing 3.5 secs a day. Still below expectations but a little better than what i was experiencing before.

The strange thing is, i do not work in an environment with strong magnetic fields. So this really puzzles me...
    Last edited by jiteelim; 10-29-2012 at 13:42.

Airman Basic
    Abducted by aliens during your sleep ?

Airman Basic
    Hi, new from Melbourne and please update me about watches as few are saying bellross is slow and some are positive about it!
    Protect Animals

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Abducted by aliens during your sleep ?
    Sore bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheBounder
    Manila-Philippines

BR02-94 Rose Gold
    BR 126 Sport

Omega Speedmaster CoAx 3313

BREMONT U2 DLC
    BREMONT Solo

Gone: 02-94 Steel, 01-93GMT, 126Vintage, Hydromax x 2 (white and Black face), BR02 Pro, 03 Military (special) BR01-94, BR01/92 Carbonfibre Ltd, BR01/94 Blue Ltd, Pro Ti 01/94,