+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

Fake VS Real B&R WW1-96 Grande Date

Hello all,
    I have noticed a few sites starting to pop up with fake Bell & Ross WW1-96's for sale... I had always thought that they have not been able to fake the 96's due to the ATA 2896 movement required for these watches. At any rate, does any one have any input on what the naked eye differences would be in Fake vs Authentic? The photos I have seen on a couple of sites linked here:

http://www.great-wholesale.com/repli...ch-p-8055.html

Look like the real deal.... Are they simply using a stock photo? Thank you kindly for this forum, and the knowledgable people in it.

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    first post !

no comment.
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman Basic
    Kindly if you do sir, but what is that supposed to mean? I don't deserve help? I think you would do well to help me figure out where your coming from. I'm sure Si and a few others on hear could help me gain some insight. If you have no information on the subject, no need in wasting the key strokes. Thank you kindly.

Airman Basic
    I'm a lonely boy....

Senior Master Sergeant
    Porterfield- Thank you for your post.
    It looks like they are using an "official" photo of OUR watch and not THEIR fake!
    I have no reference to what they have produced.

Unfortunately these companies exist, and as long as people buy their products, they will produce them.

I believe Fatboy, wanted to probably know a little about YOU!
    Where are you from, what do you do and which B&R do you wear?!

All the best and welcome to the forum.
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

+1

&&&&&&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman Basic
    I am a general contrator in both the residential and commercial trades. I am 30, and I live in Nashville TN. I am a member of the br-avo forum as well listed as "newport" and if you'll remember i recently purchased a B&R WW1-96 from a very reputable dealer... HOWEVER, the watch is used... I was always under the impression that B&R's with the 2896 movements were not cloned as such seeing as how the price would not be well suited for a replica. My used WW1 came in the box, with the original manual, but no warranty card for obvious reasons. It would put my mind at ease to know that the clones,fakes,crap watches dont employ the ETA 2896 movement as I am somewhat familiar with the movement and my B&R certainly has it. The nearest B&R dealer is close to an hours drive, so I wanted to save that trip for my watches first service. Not just to pop the case back off if you know what Im saying. Sorry "fatboy" I thought you were suggesting that I was a spammer or someone looking to be dishonest. Not used to seeing a reply like that on these forums unless it was placed in a negative context. I need to work on my patience

Airman Basic
    also I paid a fair price for it... didnt get it for $500 or anything, an honest resale price for a mint used watch.

Porterfield, its complicated to see what their fake looks like or which movement they are using as the picture is not theirs, but one of BR.
    As far as i have seen, generally fakes, and especially on those not common models , are really poor quality. Pretty sure this one would be ugly.

Dont need to say that in any case, if someone is looking for a BR, the safest way is to visit an AD
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

loud and clear,

welcome
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    &&&

Airman Basic
    Fortunately mine looks awesome. And I have a receipt for it with serial number documented. Thanks guys. I'll try to throw pics on soon.