+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ...#toolwatch

Senior Master Sergeant

...#toolwatch

I have this BR01, which some would say, has seen better days!
    However, it got me thinking, so many of us (me included) worry about dinging, knocking and bashing our beloved BR's, especially those of a carbon nature.
    Now of course we don't do it on purpose, but once the watch takes on a few scars, then it ages, matures if you like.

So what does a very used BR01-92 Carbon, that has been worn and worn properly, regardless of occupation or intent, look like?
    Well, like this......

....it takes on a new look, one of age or patina, or whatever expression you care to use.
    It reminds me of some of the instruments that many of us have seen recently, and that have given inspiration for this true iconic timepiece.
    Each knock, scratch and mark, no doubt has its only story, its own moment in time.

So I've been thinking since having this watch in my possession, how interesting and amazing it is, and no less a watch than my near pristine BR01 Yellow, or others for that matter.

...sure the bezel and lugs could be replaced, and help it look newer, but hell no, I think it has its own charm and looks bloody brilliant!
    Just imagine what our watches will look like in many years to come, when they have been passed through our children, family and friends.
    I wonder what these will look like in 30,40 or 50 years time!

...well although I have not been her owner from new or even contributed to her current look, I will, anyway, for now I'll enjoy this #toolwatch #beater or whatever I chose to call it!!!
    Thanks for looking.
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    thanks Simon,

i love it....life is life......

100 % Bell&Ross DNA.... IMHO

will post pics of my 01 PVD when it will become a " real " toolwatch

"who dares win"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Senior Master Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1340 View Post
    thanks Simon,

i love it....life is life......

100 % Bell&Ross DNA.... IMHO

will post pics of my 01 PVD when it will become a " real " toolwatch

"who dares win"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    ...exactly 1L2P!!!

"got to be in it, to win it"!!!!
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Airman First Class perry coleman's Avatar
    Yes, age is very important in watches. The older, the better. Patina is something you just can't fake! I love it, I wonder how our Ceramics will age? Maybe they'll change color:lol:

Airman
    It's a very compelling post Simon. In fact personally I have kept away from the black case thinking it would really look horrible after it showed wear. BUT, your post here and elsewhere proves my suspicion wrong. In fact the B&R 01 series in black case wears very well as can be seen from your photos.

I have a suspicion my first black B&R case will be the GMT version. It looks sensational and I can now be sure that even with hard wear it will continue to look sensational.

Cheers.
    SPG8
    Australia
    The best watch you own is the one you're wearing!
    Bell & Ross - BR01-92+BR01-96+BR01-93+BR01-94+BR02-94+BR03-88+WW2 Regulateur

IWC - Fliegerchronograph
    Omega - Speedmaster|Constellation|Seamaster
    Rolex - Day-Date 18K|DateJust S+18K|Explorer|Submariner|Turn-O-Graph|DateJust S|Explorer II
    Laco - Friedrichshafen
    Seiko - YachtTimer150
    Bulova
    Luminox - 1820
    Aflex
    Stuhrling
    Bell & Ross - BR01|BR02|BR03|WW2

"Either he's dead, or my watch has stopped!" Groucho Marx.