+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    well say SPG8 !

&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronofred View Post
    No service, no adjustment (I don't know how to do it !!).
    Why should I service it??
    "Better is good's enemy"
    Touche!

I have a good friend who is a watchmaker and an expert in premium Swiss watches (including in-house movements) so I give him mine to service every 2 to 3 years - very cheap and nice to know they have had a checkup. Often nothing is required so no cost to me.

But I do have my Rolexes given a major overhaul service every 10 years (they suggest 5) by Rolex itself and I must say what I get back is literally a like brand new watch in every respect (bracelet and case included) and accuracy of no worse than 1.5 sec per day depending upon the movement. They also come with 2 year new watch guarantee. IMHO that is good value and I often get remarks like "a new Rolex hey..?"

Others will have a different view to me. But I get pleasure knowing that every watch is perfectly like new and performs fantastically well. But then of course I will never want to sell any of them so I take that long term approach knowing money is not wasted.
    SPG8
    Australia
    The best watch you own is the one you're wearing!
    Bell & Ross - BR01-92+BR01-96+BR01-93+BR01-94+BR02-94+BR03-88+WW2 Regulateur

IWC - Fliegerchronograph
    Omega - Speedmaster|Constellation|Seamaster
    Rolex - Day-Date 18K|DateJust S+18K|Explorer|Submariner|Turn-O-Graph|DateJust S|Explorer II
    Laco - Friedrichshafen
    Seiko - YachtTimer150
    Bulova
    Luminox - 1820
    Aflex
    Stuhrling
    Bell & Ross - BR01|BR02|BR03|WW2

"Either he's dead, or my watch has stopped!" Groucho Marx.