+ Reply to Thread
    Airman

WW2 Regulateur - Gray and black dial? NO! - Magnificent? YES!

I am mystified as to why B&R describes the magnificent WW2 Regulateur in its web and other literature as having a "gray steel case" with a "black dial".

Surely B&R risks a very surprised and even unhappy buyer opening his parcel only to discover that the gray watch with a black dial is in fact a relatively dark bronze PVD coated steel with a deep brown/charcoal dial (speckled) that might be more easily described as deep brown in colour.

It was only because I saw 3rd party photos that I saw the colour was far more interesting to my eyes than "gray". I decided I had to see one live!

Sure in reality the dial can take on slightly different tones depending upon the light. BUT it certainly is in no way "black"!

For such a great design company that applies huge attention to detail and in its manufacturing quality as well, this is very sloppy and quite misleading (not in any badly motivated way of course).

When I saw the real thing in a store and then looked at the WW2 in different light types I instantly fell in love with it - that mid to deep bronze tone PVD is a work of art!

Then the very deep charcoal brown speckled dial (with its tan and red speckles) and tan markers are simply magnificent.

The quality of finish is just outstanding. The PVD is masterful - and if it gets hard wear I am certain it will look sensational as the PVD gets knocked about over 30 years!

This was one of those experiences where you instantly knew this watch had to come home.

And above all the WW2 Regulateur is a superb watch to wear and extremely accurate - a joy that has not left my wrist in nearly 2 weeks. I will post a review soon.
    Last edited by Simon C; 03-08-2013 at 09:45. Reason: DO NOT discuss prices/discounts
    SPG8
    Australia
    The best watch you own is the one you're wearing!
    Bell & Ross - BR01-92+BR01-96+BR01-93+BR01-94+BR02-94+BR03-88+WW2 Regulateur

IWC - Fliegerchronograph
    Omega - Speedmaster|Constellation|Seamaster
    Rolex - Day-Date 18K|DateJust S+18K|Explorer|Submariner|Turn-O-Graph|DateJust S|Explorer II
    Laco - Friedrichshafen
    Seiko - YachtTimer150
    Bulova
    Luminox - 1820
    Aflex
    Stuhrling
    Bell & Ross - BR01|BR02|BR03|WW2

"Either he's dead, or my watch has stopped!" Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by SPG8 View Post
    I am mystified as to why B&R describes the magnificent WW2 Regulateur in its web and other literature as having a "gray steel case" with a "black dial".

Surely B&R risks a very surprised and even unhappy buyer opening his parcel only to discover that the gray watch with a black dial is in fact a relatively dark bronze PVD coated steel with a deep brown/charcoal dial (speckled) that might be more easily described as deep brown in colour.

It was only because I saw 3rd party photos that I saw the colour was far more interesting to my eyes than "gray". I decided I had to see one live!

Sure in reality the dial can take on slightly different tones depending upon the light. BUT it certainly is in no way "black"!

For such a great design company that applies huge attention to detail and in its manufacturing quality as well, this is very sloppy and quite misleading (not in any badly motivated way of course).

When I saw the real thing in a store and then looked at the WW2 in different light types I instantly fell in love with it - that mid to deep bronze tone PVD is a work of art!

Then the very deep charcoal brown speckled dial (with its tan and red speckles) and tan markers are simply magnificent.

The quality of finish is just outstanding. The PVD is masterful - and if it gets hard wear I am certain it will look sensational as the PVD gets knocked about over 30 years!

This was one of those experiences where you instantly knew this watch had to come home. And I had got lucky - I saved 40% on the street price! That made it jump from low on my "bucket list" to the top.

And above all the WW2 Regulateur is a superb watch to wear and extremely accurate - a joy that has not left my wrist in nearly 2 weeks. I will post a review soon.
    AWESOME!!!!! Congrats man!!! Looking forward to some pics!!
    BR 01-96 White Dial
    BR 01-93 GMT
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    Instagram @armidoro1

Senior Master Sergeant
    wow- thats quite the collection, Simon!!!
    you're hooked!

....I look forward to your review, and especially your pics, soon!
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    congrats for your WW2 bomber...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Yes Congratulations!

I am looking forward to seeing your clear and precise photos identifying the true and accurate colours of the WW2 that you have mentioned.

6_13 &

Airman
    Thanks guys. God I love those pics you have posted!

Simon we are all appreciative of the wonderful pics you post - a great eye!

Yes, I am very happy to confess that I am hooked.

Let me explain what grabbed me.

Firstly I am a great believer in this statement: one need not have to want to own an item to be able to admire it!

I also have a deep dislike for those who need covet possessions. Sure I like the possessions I am fortunate to have, but every one of them is to be used, enjoyed and shared. I abhor the idea of glass case collections that sit like monuments. These things were created for a purpose for which I insist they always fulfil. The only caveat I apply is that those who share them with me treat them with respect. In the end they are only objects and I could care less if they all disappeared. Well, I might be disappointed, but not for long.

So when it comes to watches, like most here I am sure; it's their engineering, design, precision and utility that captures my imagination.

It was the BR02 that first really captivated me. Maybe that was because while being unique it was also closer to convention. It was the first time I experienced the fuzzy feeling of desire and "need to own". It also filled a gap in my collection (I'm not sure I like that word because it can imply a need to possess, which is not so much the case) for a "deep sea chrono" and a tonneau design watch.

But, and this is where my admiration and serious interest in B&R began, the BR01-92 caught my eye. However I was far too dismissive of it. I was very attracted to its design elements that are B&R DNA, but I was unwittingly too dismissive of the square case.

At this point I think I will make a post in the main chat area and "talk" a bit about how/why B&R has become such a keen interest for me. I can assure you it is not simply recent. Bell & Ross had been a great interest of mine for some years.

THIS PHOTO, is a snapshot I took when packing away a Christmas ornament - the quality is bad, but it's a fun shot!

SPG8
    Australia
    The best watch you own is the one you're wearing!
    Bell & Ross - BR01-92+BR01-96+BR01-93+BR01-94+BR02-94+BR03-88+WW2 Regulateur

IWC - Fliegerchronograph
    Omega - Speedmaster|Constellation|Seamaster
    Rolex - Day-Date 18K|DateJust S+18K|Explorer|Submariner|Turn-O-Graph|DateJust S|Explorer II
    Laco - Friedrichshafen
    Seiko - YachtTimer150
    Bulova
    Luminox - 1820
    Aflex
    Stuhrling
    Bell & Ross - BR01|BR02|BR03|WW2

"Either he's dead, or my watch has stopped!" Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by SPG8 View Post
    But, and this is where my admiration and serious interest in B&R began, the BR01-92 caught my eye. However I was far too dismissive of it. I was very attracted to its design elements that are B&R DNA, but I was unwittingly too dismissive of the square case.

At this point I think I will make a post in the main chat area and "talk" a bit about how/why B&R has become such a keen interest for me. I can assure you it is not simply recent. Bell & Ross had been a great interest of mine for some years.
    nice pic, great collection...

love your comments, very interesting....... look forward to reading your next post in the main chat area.

à bientôt ( see you soon)

1L2P

&&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman Basic
    Hi to everyone, i got my WW2 since Dec from a short trip in Paris, and couldn't remove it from my wrist since. But I was wondering if this watch requires winding every 2-3 days, as I originally thought it has an automatic self-winding mechanism. Is everyone having this experience or did I get a faulty mechanism? Please advise.
    BTW the pics here are better than the company's ones.

welcome to the BROG (bell&Ross Owner Group),

where are you from ?
    did your Bomber loose second/day ?

&&&&&&&
    &&&