+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

Buy Online or IRL?

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I've wanted a Bell and Ross for years. On Friday, I went to a special B&R gallery exhibition at a local watch store and was able to spend a good amount of time chatting with a B&R representative, who was there for the event. He gave me a personal tour of their line. I learned a lot about the brand, got to try on several watches, and had a great time. I'm ready to buy one soon! I was looking around online and I noticed that some sites have the watch I want for much less than it is at stores, even at the discounted rate I was offered at the exhibition. My question is this: What, if any, are the advantages of purchasing from a store instead of online? Also, not sure if I'm allowed to mention specific sites on the forum, but does anyone have experience with authenticwatches.com? The B&R watch I want is listed at a discount of about $1600 less that it is in the store and the site says it comes with the box, paperwork, certificate of authenticity and a 3 year warranty. Seems almost too good to be true. Is it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Authentic Watches is not a Bell & Ross authorized dealer and therefore are not following the rules of Bell & Ross that are applied to their authorized dealer network.

Bell & Ross watches are not supposed to be sold on line unless through their e-boutique on the Bell & Ross official website which is not available in all countries.

As it is not an authorized dealer the 3 year warranty you will be getting is not a Bell & Ross warranty but a warranty offered by the store itself and any repair will not be carried out by Bell & Ross.

I doubt if you will issued with the Bell & Ross warranty card as you are buying from the grey market and not through the authorized dealer network, hence getting a certificate of authenticity instead which is paperwork not from Bell & Ross.

There is a possibility the serial number of the watch may be ground off, maybe, maybe not.

If the watch ends up on the grey market it may have already been around the block a few times, meaning handled quite a bit. Therefore it may have slight signs of wear on the case or strap etc.

There are a lot of maybes above and that’s why it is called the grey market, it’s not black & white like buying from an authorized dealer.

Authorized dealer advantages:

100% genuine brand new Bell & Ross, from the Bell & Ross factory to the authorized dealer and has not ended up on the grey market thereafter.

100% Bell & Ross warranty and Bell & Ross repair if anything should go wrong.

100% Bell & Ross paperwork and stamped and dated warranty card.

100% no maybes, want you buy is want you get.

100% Peace of mind.

If it is too good to be true there are reasons, if the watch is on the grey market and not at an authorized dealer they will be selling it at a reduced cost for the reasons I have written above.

I would personally buy from an authorized dealer, but the choice is yours.

Good luck.
    Last edited by six13; 09-30-2013 at 05:37.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Quote Originally Posted by six13 View Post
    All is said... and Six is right!
    May the Force be with you...

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Airman Basic
    Thanks, guys. Six13, that's the answer I was looking for. I'll pick it up in the store shortly.

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    100% BROG
    &&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

There are a couple more things I forgot to mention:

The Bell & Ross warranty from a Bell & Ross authorized dealer is an international warranty.

Therefore if anything should go wrong you can take your watch into any Bell & Ross authorized dealer in any country in the world and they can arrange repair for you.

You do not have to worry about posting the watch to the company you bought it from.

Also it is always good to build up a good customer/authorized dealer relationship should you ever want another Bell & Ross watch, information, user manuals etc. They will be sure to look after you a lot more now and into the future than an internet grey market seller.

Senior Master Sergeant
    Authentic Watches is not a Bell & Ross authorized dealer and therefore are not following the rules of Bell & Ross that are applied to their authorized dealer network.

Bell & Ross watches are not supposed to be sold on line unless through their e-boutique on the Bell & Ross official website which is not available in all countries.

As it is not an authorized dealer the 3 year warranty you will be getting is not a Bell & Ross warranty but a warranty offered by the store itself and any repair will not be carried out by Bell & Ross.

I doubt if you will issued with the Bell & Ross warranty card as you are buying from the grey market and not through the authorized dealer network, hence getting a certificate of authenticity instead which is paperwork not from Bell & Ross.

There is a possibility the serial number of the watch may be ground off, maybe, maybe not.

If the watch ends up on the grey market it may have already been around the block a few times, meaning handled quite a bit. Therefore it may have slight signs of wear on the case or strap etc.

There are a lot of maybes above and that’s why it is called the grey market, it’s not black & white like buying from an authorized dealer.

Authorized dealer advantages:

100% genuine brand new Bell & Ross, from the Bell & Ross factory to the authorized dealer and has not ended up on the grey market thereafter.

100% Bell & Ross warranty and Bell & Ross repair if anything should go wrong.

100% Bell & Ross paperwork and stamped and dated warranty card.

100% no maybes, want you buy is want you get.

100% Peace of mind.

If it is too good to be true there are reasons, if the watch is on the grey market and not at an authorized dealer they will be selling it at a reduced cost for the reasons I have written above.

Good luck.
    There are a couple more things I forgot to mention:

The Bell & Ross warranty from a Bell & Ross authorized dealer is an international warranty.

Therefore if anything should go wrong you can take your watch into any Bell & Ross authorized dealer in any country in the world and they can arrange repair for you.

You do not have to worry about posting the watch to the company you bought it from.

Also it is always good to build up a good customer/authorized dealer relationship should you ever want another Bell & Ross watch, information, user manuals etc. They will be sure to look after you a lot more now and into the future than an internet grey market seller.
    VERY well said and perfectly done...
    ALL the info you need is above!
    Simon C
    ...follow me on 'twitter' & instagram @SimonCudd,

Airman Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1340 View Post
    100% BROG
    &&&&&
    What's that mean? "Bell and Ross Original"?

BROG = Bell & Ross Owners Group.

I think Fatboy can give you more information or somebody else?

To tell you the truth I am not quite sure, it may be a French thing/club or else if you own a Bell & Ross you are now part of the owners group of people.

Speaking of which....would love e-boutique to be available in AUS....looking forward to the day that happens.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    BROG = Bell & Ross Owners Group.
    I think Fatboy can give you more information or somebody else?
    To tell you the truth I am not quite sure, it may be a French thing/club or else if you own a Bell & Ross you are now part of the owners group of people.
    That's a "virtual" club indeed... As soon as you buy a B&R, you're a BROG member.
    That's a friendly community, where people can speak about their common passion through the different forums (here, FaM, BR-avo, BR-gang...)

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Airman Basic
    Hello all,
    as a new member, I am keen to purchase a B&R, and like the original poster, and I have seen offers online from Authentic Watches.
    As this thread appears a few years ago, can anyone please advise if the situation has changed at all?

I emailed AW - and they responded saying the watches are authentic, it's just that they only come with the AW warranty
    and papers of authenticity, as opposed to the actual manufacturers warranty and papers.

I am in Australia - and the AW warranty system of sending the watch back to AW seems unpheasable.
    And I don't know if B&R would still honour any obvious warranty issue with the watch purchased from AW.

Would appreciate any inpout here.

Thanks

Airman First Class
    If you do not buy from an authorized seller or B&R directly, they will not warrant the product. It is worth finding an AD..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceKrig View Post
    If you do not buy from an authorized seller or B&R directly, they will not warrant the product. It is worth finding an AD..
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well say !
    &&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman Basic
    Read the reviews of authenticwatches.com, I've never heard such universally bad reviews in my life.

TO Bell & Ross:
    After reading the whole "thread" I'm not sure of: I purchased my Bell & Ross V1-92 online from Bell & Ross (US). Is it covered with a warranty?

Thank you