+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

BR02-STEEL and shock

Would cycling on paved roads cause any temporary or permanent damage due to the shock transmitted to the handlebar and vibration?
    Also, the website shows this model temporary unavailable - is it being updated or discontinued ?

Airman Basic
    I don't know about a BR02-steel, but the one time I rode my motorcycle for less than two hours on mostly bumpy county back roads caused the time shown on my BR-03-92 steel to be more than a few hours & minutes off. Since then I wear another watch when I ride and I'm happy to say that my B&R completely recovered on its own.

Welcome to the forum.

I would not recommend it, too much vibration for an automatic movement in my opinion.

Also riding on paved roads is not fail safe and in the worst case you could be knocked off your bike. In which case your 02 can make contact with the road or pavement and this may result in damage to the watch case.

In this situation you and your bike will be damaged too but at least you will know your 02 is safe at home.

The last I heard is Bell & Ross has temporary stopped making the 02 until all current models are sold that are at the various authorized dealers.

Not sure if this is 100% accurate it is just what I have read on forums but the word “temporary” is a good sign as ‘temporary’ is indeed just that, hopefully.

Airman Basic
    As they are loading your remains into an ambulance, it's always good to know your favorite watch is resting comfortably at home !
    Hopefully you will join it soon. I am afraid to try another automatic for cycling, but keep hoping for one that can handle such stress
    instead of using quartz.
    I much prefer the brushed steel look to any kind of black coating, especially since sooner or later you might ding it and have an exposed shiny spot that cannot be covered up.

The reason I mentioned the above is because I have been knocked off my bike which was indeed damaged and so was I a little and was thankful I was not wearing an expensive watch at the time.

I had enough bills to pay with repairing my bike and the last thing I needed was to pay for a watch repair as well.

I wear a G Shock for riding that can take the vibrations and the bumps and scrapes without having to worry about it.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Hi,
    Depending where you live, you can find some 02's in ADs.
    Only my opinion, but think production will slow down and will stop... Not sure it'll start again!

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Senior Master Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronofred View Post
    ...Not sure it'll start again!