+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

BR 02 pro carbon runs slow/behind actual time...please help!!

Hi all,

I currently own a BR02 pro carbon and i absolutely love the watch but recently i ran into a problem with this watch.

I leave my watch in a watch winder at night and when i wake up in the morning the time on my BR02 will be behind the actual time by hours. At first i thought it was the watch winder that is causing this issues. So i tried by leaving the watch on my dresser a few nights and i got the same results. It will be behind for hours while its working. (The watch never stopped)

Just the other day I was at work when I went to check the time on my BR02 it was behind the actual time by more then 2 hours. From the outside with out opening the watch everything looks fine. All the hands are moving and I can hear the movement moving well.

Is there any way i can fix this problem without sending it to the services center in FL??

Thank you very much!

Bell and Ross.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Hi,
    Would say your movement is magnetized!
    If under warranty, sure you have to send it for servicing!
    If not under warranty anymore, You can ask a good watchmaker to have a look, beginning with a demagnetization

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Airman Basic
    Thank you Kronofred!!

I have no idea why the watch would be magnetized?? The only think i can think of is that i travel a lot for work and I run my watch through the x ray machine at least 5 times a month...is that bad??

Also the watch will run fine through out the day and on my wrist...it is only when i take it off during the time i sleep it will start to lag behind actual time.

How much will the demagnetization will cost if my watch is out of warranty? Maybe I should contact the service center in FL for the next step??

thanks again!

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    All strong magnetic fields may occur problems on automatic movements... Laptops, smartphones, speakers etc...
    About X Ray machines in airport : no problem. Always better than the metals detection doors!!!

Demagnetization process is not expensive at all, ask your AD what he thinks about that problem

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti