+ Reply to Thread
    Airman First Class

Open letter to Bell & Ross Corporate

Hi

It would be great if you, as the owner of this forum , And being directly connected to your official site could offer :

1 an actual expert from the technical side of the company to introduce him/herself.

2 provide actual technical answers to questions under the "Ask the expert" section.

Thanks
    Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good idea
    TheBounder
    Manila-Philippines

BR02-94 Rose Gold
    BR 126 Sport

Omega Speedmaster CoAx 3313

BREMONT U2 DLC
    BREMONT Solo

Gone: 02-94 Steel, 01-93GMT, 126Vintage, Hydromax x 2 (white and Black face), BR02 Pro, 03 Military (special) BR01-94, BR01/92 Carbonfibre Ltd, BR01/94 Blue Ltd, Pro Ti 01/94,

I think a technical point of view will be a great plus to that forum. GREAT IDEA

The only problem IMO, there are a lot of people complaining about broken straps (the first generation), and rather contacting their AD im affraid they will overwhelm this section. I doubt BR will have a full-time watchmaker available for the forum, which means only few questions will be answered and it will be quiet annoying if most of the questions are "i have a problem with my 3yrs rubber strap, i dont understand i have a casio for 20yrs and the strap is better"...
    Not pointing at anyone, and i can (sometimes) understand their frustration with a broken strap, but if you look at the forum most of the bad comment are on that special point.
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Very good idea Bruce and agree with Gudzz

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    well done Bruce
    &&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman First Class
    I had not been thinking of it as a way to vent about old straps, or a place where B&R would comment on the authenticity of used watches.

I had thought it more in line with questions about movements or working issues. Simon had been an employee and able to direct people for help. This forum is owned by the company, and put the heading Ask the Experts. They could add a category of ask your friends for other things.

I just think they should be vocal on this forum. And not as a whipping boy for complaints.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BruceKrig View Post
    I had not been thinking of it as a way to vent about old straps, or a place where B&R would comment on the authenticity of used watches.
    I had thought it more in line with questions about movements or working issues. Simon had been an employee and able to direct people for help. This forum is owned by the company, and put the heading Ask the Experts. They could add a category of ask your friends for other things.
    And thats how i understood your point my friend, thats also why i agreed with you.
    But due to the number of people coming here with only 1-5 posts just to complain about a broken strap or to authentify a watch bought on the web, im just concerned that the general idea will turn into a nightmare.

Once again i agree with you, and think that project should be heard by BR. We all, at some point, have question about the movement or technical things, and a watchmaker point of view will be very useful!
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

Airman First Class
    How do we get them to look?

Let's be a bit patient... Baselworld will open its doors in 8 days, sure they are busy!

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

good idea. I too am hoping the BRHQ will take a closer look at this forum and participate. The engagement can only mean good things for the community. We are their customers and as long as the discussion is kept civil, I see no reason why they wouldn;t want to engage with us here.

As for the broken straps.... yawn. Sack up and buy a new one. Better yet, next person to post up a broken strap bitch-fest, I will send a strap to. Personally from me to you.
    > > > @bellandrossworld

Quote Originally Posted by EF76 View Post
    good idea. I too am hoping the BRHQ will take a closer look at this forum and participate. The engagement can only mean good things for the community. We are their customers and as long as the discussion is kept civil, I see no reason why they wouldn;t want to engage with us here.

As for the broken straps.... yawn. Sack up and buy a new one. Better yet, next person to post up a broken strap bitch-fest, I will send a strap to. Personally from me to you.
    Hi all, I have a huge problem with the strap of my first BR. I have bought it second hand 7 years ago. Although I maintained it, I even cleaned it with Evian French still mineral water (not the sparkling Badoit stuff!) after each diving session. Last week it broke, actually it fell literally apart. I suggest BR reviewed the quality of their straps - quickly. I am really disappointed.

Eric, I will send you a private message with my address. And I would like a grey rubber, pleazzzzze.

Chris

I fully agree with what you said about the strap complaints.

PS: Eric, message with address is sent ;-)
    First: BRV123 Commando
    Last: BR 01-92 Skull Bronze
    Next: BR ??

I too think if Bell & Ross provide such a person for technical assistants and once word gets out about it the forum will be swamped with people asking, suggesting and complaining about everything under the sun.

The technical representative will therefore have to be employed full time to answer all these questions to the point that they may quit under the stress and frustration.

The forum will be clogged up and we will have to surf through the mire to find some half decent threads.

Personally I do not think it would work.

Except if moderation does its work Six ! Don't you think ?

Somethin' may be cool : once a week, a live chat with someone who works for Service center, during 1 hour.

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Airman First Class
    Keep in mind Simon was an employee. I would think at this point that they value the social media. With that in mind an employee who can add technical input and turf off things to the internal experts when needed could work.

I don't see this turning into thousands of technical questions a week. Think of the current volume, and if adding the expert brings the following up, that is good for the brand.

I think I exceeded my 2 cents, I could be up to 2 bits.

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronofred View Post
    Somethin' may be cool : once a week, a live chat with someone who works for Service center, during 1 hour.
    very good idea Fred IMHO
    &&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&