+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BR02 - Wife bought me a fabulous present!

My wife purchased my BR02 from and Authorised dealer in Gibraltar on the 14th of July, she gave it to me on my birthday on the 26th of July. I am delighted with the watch, however it has stopped working on 5 occasions now!

On all the occasions it has been on his wrist (I hand wound it for 10x1/2 winds on each occasion before wearing) when I've noticed that it has stopped I take it off and shake it and it will start again and run for a few more hours before needing hand winding again? I have a number of automatic watches including Rolex’s, Omega’s and Sekio’s and I have never had this happen while wearing the watch. If i shake the watch it will run without being hand wound so I know the automatic movement is at least tensioning the spring too some degree.

I thought it might be because it had stood for sometime before sale and lubrication oil may have settled to one side, however this problem has repeated on the 5 aforementioned occasions over the last 10days.

I will take into an authorised dealer locally, however I'll be really disappointed if I lose my new watch for a couple of months. Can I post the watch to the UK service centre directly to speed up the turn around time?

I hope the problem will be solved...
    Using Tapatalk

To be fair the UK service centre has emailed me within 2 hours of my email to them asking if I can post direct.

I want to keep the watch on for the weekend (going to the cricket, England V India) and meeting up with old friends some of whom are watch bores like me but I know haven't seen a BR02 in the flesh!

I'll post off next week direct to the service centre and keep you informed as to progress.

It must maybe be the oil...have a good weekend with your beautiful présent! And post pics when your BR 02 will be back
    Using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this BRo, I hope it gets sorted quickly.

I need to send mine in for a service soon, will you let me know how you go about it?

Thanks so much
    BR 01-96 White Dial
    BR 01-93 GMT
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    Instagram @armidoro1

I've just spoken directly with the UK service centre and they were very helpful!

They have promised to turn the watch around within 3 weeks, It's not ideal that it has to go in but I'm please with that service.

Having read similar experiences and having spoke to my local AD I was told 2 to 3 months which is not acceptable on a new watch. It appears that the authorised dealers sell lots of brands and I was just a problem. To the service centre I was a customer and they had a 'can do' customer focused response.

I'll post again once I get the watch back.

Quote Originally Posted by Armidoro View Post
    Sorry to hear this BRo, I hope it gets sorted quickly.

I need to send mine in for a service soon, will you let me know how you go about it?

Thanks so much
    Armidoro , I'll keep you posted and let you have the details once I get the watch back.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Thanks God, it's under warranty.
    Keep us informed

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Sorry to hear about your 02.

My 02 stopped working completely after 2 weeks of ownership but as under warranty it was repaired no problem. It was a lot longer than 3 weeks as I think it went to France from New Zealand, so perhaps 6 weeks but I can’t remember exactly.

Reflecting on this it was probably good that it stopped completely rather than not knowing where I really stood if the problem was intermittent, I would just find that annoying.

Not too sure on these SW200 movements, it is not the first time I have read a problem with the 02’s stopping within a short time of ownership. However it has been running well since the repair for around 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipepper View Post
    Armidoro , I'll keep you posted and let you have the details once I get the watch back.
    Thanks dude!!
    BR 01-96 White Dial
    BR 01-93 GMT
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    Instagram @armidoro1

Airman Basic
    My wife got me a BR03 and gave it to me before our anniversary. I did not wear it only had it on my watch winder for about 2 weeks. One day I looked at it and it had stopped!!! I tried to get it going but it was dead. It took it back to my AD and the sent it away for service. I got it back in about 3 months and it has never given me any issues since. It sucks that it happened but it is all good now

Good news it's back! I've set it to the second and I'll wear it for a week and see how it does. It arrived back in a velvet pouch having been fully serviced, apparently the issue was "the teeth are damaged on the ratchet wheel" and the work was carried out under warranty

I can't speak highly enough about the UK service centre, they we're happy to deal with me direct via email and Lee kept me up to date. True to his word he turned the watch around in 3 weeks including the repair, service and bench testing.

Now where to order my Sting Ray strap?

it's back!.jpg

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    happy end !
    &&&&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Great to hear chillipepper.

Here, try this guy: http://www.combat-straps.com/default.html
    I'm sure a lot of BRos will vouch for him, and I'm in the process of creating my own too. Once you have a look at his website you'll know what i mean.

Good luck, and don't forget to post up your new strap!

Quote Originally Posted by XrayHiro View Post
    Great to hear chillipepper.

Here, try this guy: http://www.combat-straps.com/default.html
    I'm sure a lot of BRos will vouch for him, and I'm in the process of creating my own too. Once you have a look at his website you'll know what i mean.

Good luck, and don't forget to post up your new strap!
    XrayHiro I have just emailed them, their straps look fantastic, a black polished stingray for me. Pictures to follow soon I hope.

Airman First Class
    I have posted mine many times. Can't say enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered from Combat Straps!

polished stingray.jpg

Glad you got it back so soon!!! That stingray looks nice!!!
    BR 01-96 White Dial
    BR 01-93 GMT
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    Instagram @armidoro1

Awesome, glad to have helped.

Photos when you get it please!!!

Fingers crossed it's been running for four days and gaining 6 seconds a day.

After the weekend I'm going to take it off and measure the power reserve rundown time, does this make me a watch geek?