+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare

Nightmare

I bought my 03 back in May. I just noticed that it had stopped whilst I was wearing it, which I found strange. Now I can't seem to adjust the time. It won't wind past 3pm, & won't wind back past 1pm. Something has gone wrong.

I'm not sure that the shop I purchased it with is an AD, I think it may be classed as what I've see referred to here as a 'reseller'.

So my question is, am I covered by any sort of warranty, or do I have trouble ahead ?
    Last edited by Lewisman; 09-06-2014 at 15:14.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Do you have a stamped and dated warranty card?

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kronofred View Post
    Do you have a stamped and dated warranty card?
    Nope. So I guess I'm stuffed.

Sadly yes...

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Feeling pretty cheesed-off right now.

Sorry for U BRo...

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Anyone got any helpful advice about what I do next ?

Airman First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewisman View Post
    Anyone got any helpful advice about what I do next ?
    Send it in to BRtech. Email them first at service@bellrossusa.com (assuming you are in US, if not then find out the email) and they will send you a PDF form to fill out, insure the package and put it in their hands. Or call their number during working hours, you will get to speak with a human- I spoke with a nice gentleman who seemed very attentive and it gave me a good feeling. My experience is service is getting better, will find out for sure on my latest repair though. Even if you need to pay it shouldn't be a large sum because it's an ETA movement.

FWIW I sent in my Panerai 112 to Richemont because the crown pulled out (also ETA movement), thing was spinning unattached to the movement, and it was several years out of warranty. They were super-friendly and fixed it free of charge within two weeks, even gave me a cool travel case, still no clue why they didn't charge me. They told me it just needed an "adjustment", and they also sent a report on the general condition, etc. I know that's not BR, but it's the benchmark that BR needs to compete with, and in that sense it's relevant. I own one PAM and four BR's, hopefully after-sales service reassures me that I put my money/collection in the right direction/brand. I'd presume if it's a 5-minute fix your bill won't be heavy or it might be nothing at all, and if it's a major repair then it probably won't be a lot either because the movement isn't anything crazy. Hopefully your watch has a small and easy fix, but until you send it in you won't know.

FWIW, my wife's BR had a major issue, basically it fell apart (using your imagination will be accurate on that), it was bad and they did right by her and took care of it in a way we were very happy with.
    Last edited by J_Dubbs; 09-06-2014 at 23:31.

Leave it at the nearest AD.
    You'll perhaps have to pay but it'll come back with a 1 year warranty

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    Agree with FRed
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll send some emails tomorrow & see what happens.

Feel pretty annoyed with myself too. I hadn't fully appreciated the whole warrany situation when I bought the watch. Didn't realise that the seller wasn't an official AD, & the consequences of that. I'm usually on the ball with my research, & can't believe that I'd overlooked this. You live & learn I guess.

All that said, I'm also pretty unimpressed to have such an issue so soon into the life of the watch. It gets worn every day, but not abused. Shouldn't really be having issues. Confidence is a tad dented I must say, at a time when I was planning my next B&R purchase.

Airman First Class
    The only thing about dealing through the AD is that you will not be able to communicate with BR directly going that route. I don't know why, but they will not discuss the repair status with you when you send through AD, they will only discuss with the AD, or whatever party sent them the watch, exclusively. I don't like being out of the loop on status so I stopped sending mine via AD and just sent it myself. You can go either way but if sending through AD you will have to rely on the AD for all communication and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Dubbs View Post
    I'd presume if it's a 5-minute fix your bill won't be heavy or it might be nothing at all, and if it's a major repair then it probably won't be a lot either because the movement isn't anything crazy. Hopefully your watch has a small and easy fix, but until you send it in you won't know.
    Depends on which 03 it is. A full movement service for the 03-94 cost me $595!
    BR 01-92 Carbon Fiber Phantom LTD/500
    BR 03 Red Radar LTD/250
    BR 03-90 Grande Date & Réserve de Marche
    BR 03-92 Military Type Green Ceramic
    BR 03-94 Orange LTD/250
    Military M1 by Sinn
    Pilot B by Sinn - For Sale
    Space 3 White Dial - For Sale

http://bellrosswiki.com | http://blog.bellrosswiki.com | instagram @BellRossWiki

Quote Originally Posted by sean.scott View Post
    Depends on which 03 it is. A full movement service for the 03-94 cost me $595!
    You could put a brand new movement in for that price?

I guess the 94 would be more expensive to service than the 92 however.

Well the watch is on it's way to the service centre in Paris. Will be interesting to see what this costs me. Must say i'm feeling pretty underwhelmed at the moment.

I think the Paris service centre would be the best option for a first rate repair but I would be interested to know how much it costs. I have been told by someone and I think it is very true and that is after the money has been spend you very rarely reflect about it in the future, especially weeks, months or years down the track. It's just the first outlay or build up that we worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by six13 View Post
    I think the Paris service centre would be the best option for a first rate repair but I would be interested to know how much it costs. I have been told by someone and I think it is very true and that is after the money has been spend you very rarely reflect about it in the future, especially weeks, months or years down the track. It's just the first outlay or build up that we worry about.
    Well the postage alone (i insured the full value of the watch) has already cost me €85, so the costs are starting to mount. Plus as i haven't built my collection yet, it means i'm without my watch at the moment, which is really annoying me.

Hopefully i'll get some feedback from them early next week on what the issue is (does anyone here have any experience of how quick the guys at Paris are ?). If i get a big bill for the work, on a watch that's only 5 months old, i won't be impressed.

I accept that some would think it's my own fault as i didn't buy it through an AD, but i genuinely didn't realise the fact that this would mean that i didn't have a warranty. I might have thought twice about my purchase if i'd known.

All that said, it still shouldn't have developed a fault so quickly. It's certainly not a result of the watch being abused.

Hope you'll get it back soon BRo.
    Count from 4 to 6 weeks though...

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

4 - 6 weeks !! Really ?? Why so long ? Hope it's quicker than that !

Quote Originally Posted by Lewisman View Post
    4 - 6 weeks !! Really ?? Why so long ? Hope it's quicker than that !
    4 to 6 weeks seems to be the standard turnaround time for Bell & Ross. If you get it back under the 4 week mark you would be a lucky man. Perhaps someone from Bell & Ross service centre may read this thread and fast track it for you as a gesture of good will. I have no idea why it is this length of time but in all honesty I would not hope for quicker as you will be disappointed.

Did not the reseller you purchased the watch from issue their own in house warranty? Most resellers do offer a warranty of some description; well at least I thought they did. It would not be a Bell & Ross warranty but a warranty offered by them.

But the downside with using the reseller warranty is you would have no idea who would be repairing the watch and they may use non Bell & Ross parts and procedures.
    Last edited by six13; 09-13-2014 at 09:34.