+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by six13 View Post
    4 to 6 weeks seems to be the standard turnaround time for Bell & Ross. If you get it back under the 4 week mark you would be a lucky man. Perhaps someone from Bell & Ross service centre may read this thread and fast track it for you as a gesture of good will. I have no idea why it is this length of time but in all honesty I would not hope for quicker as you will be disappointed.

Did not the reseller you purchased the watch from issue their own in house warranty? Most resellers do offer a warranty of some description; well at least I thought they did. It would not be a Bell & Ross warranty but a warranty offered by them.

But the downside with using the reseller warranty is you would have no idea who would be repairing the watch and they may use non Bell & Ross parts and procedures.
    I probably would be able to go via the reseller I used, but they are not local, & ultimately as you say, who would fix it ? I drive a BMW and only get it serviced at BMW, albeit I wouldn't buy directly from them .... at least when the watch returns it should be in great condition, and hopefully no more issues .... otherwise it will be curtains for me & B&R.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    It's only mechanics BRo, and sadly s**t happens!
    Sure you'll be more cautious next time, buying in a AD...

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

My watch is safely at the service centre in Paris. Just awaiting the feedback of the fault now, & then the costs !

These are the sort of things you learn as a collector. Its buyer beware when purchasing from a non-AD. Not saying the watch was mishandled or damaged when you bought it, but the support isn't there when you need it. I consider this the biggest difference in buying AD versus non-AD, and I've done both.
    > > > @bellandrossworld

Sorry to hear that Simon. i have no idea of what can cause this kind of problem but sure the service center will fix it.

Few answers to your question :

- timescale is 6weeks. I know they always try to make it quicker but if they have a lot of work you will have to be patient (and honestly 6weeks is the average timescale for most of brands)

- Service cost for a 0392 will be 270e max, unless you have to change some specific parts like crown, crown tube, etc... Maybe a simple service will be needed and it will cost 90e.

My advice, as you bought it recently, you may have an invoice, so try to send them your invoice in place of your blank warranty card.
    They may cover it under warranty as the watch is kinda new.
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

Thanks for the advice Gudzy, i will try to find my invoice (although i have no idea where i put it - another lesson there), and will patiently wait for the repair to be done.

I emailed last week asking that they inform me about what fault they find with the watch, so i am just waiting for that feedback now. Hopefully it will just be something small and not so serious. We'll see.

In the meanwhile i am hugely frustrated not to have my watch. I'm just at the start of building my collection, so don't have another high-end watch to wear instead. I will have to accelerate my plans to get my next watch in order to avoid these issues in the future !!

Seems the fault was the 'Dial Screw' (anyone able to give me any info about what that is or does ?). I'm being well looked after by Customer Services at the moment, and might get the watch back next week. I can't wait to have it back on my wrist !!

You'll be so pleased to get it
    back !
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    BR 03-92 Steel

Wasn't so long after all.
    Glad you'll get it in perfect health

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Seems quicker than expected.
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

She's home !!! My precious !!!!

Great news!!!

WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti