+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Airman First Class
    Not part of swatch group that owns ETA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have to be part of the swatch group to use ETA now? Seems odd. I just hope Selitta isn't a cheaper movement as they haven't
    put the prices of the watches down.
    BR02-92 Phantom

Airman Basic
    So, a little more sleuthing. I was able to try on a Hamilton Jazzmaster (Swatch owned company) containing an ETA 2892 movement. The date progresses with a counterclockwise movement, further supporting that a clockwise advancement of date likely correlates to a non-ETA movement ( most likely SW300).

Quote Originally Posted by aop62 View Post
    So you have to be part of the swatch group to use ETA now? Seems odd. I just hope Selitta isn't a cheaper movement as they haven't
    put the prices of the watches down.
    The Swatchgroup has been restricting the amount of ETA movements it supplies to its competitors. I believe the Sellita is slightly cheaper, but a 2892 was never an expensive movement to begin with.

Here's a pretty good article about the SW300 - http://www.ablogtowatch.com/sellita-...tch-movements/
    BR 01-92 Carbon Fiber Phantom LTD/500
    BR 03 Red Radar LTD/250
    BR 03-90 Grande Date & Réserve de Marche
    BR 03-92 Military Type Green Ceramic
    BR 03-94 Orange LTD/250
    Military M1 by Sinn
    Pilot B by Sinn - For Sale
    Space 3 White Dial - For Sale

http://bellrosswiki.com | http://blog.bellrosswiki.com | instagram @BellRossWiki

Airman First Class
    So from that article it seems the real question is do they buy fully assembled movements, or the parts and assemble them?

If they are getting the components then I see that the question of quality is still in B&Rs court. If they are buying them fully assembled then the quality falls to the maker.

The article does seem to say that the movement is very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both my 0392 Heritage and LW The One (said to have ETA 2892) advance the date counter clockwise.
    > > > @bellandrossworld

Airman Basic
    One more suggestion to figure this out. Our watches should be serviced every 3 years. When the time comes, the indididual servicing your watch will certainly be able to tell you what movement it contains. I know I will be posting mine when the time comes.

Except, if you just send your watch when broken down ! So, the wait could last more than...3 years !
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    BR 03-92 Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Nolimits View Post
    Except, if you just send your watch when broken down ! So, the wait could last more than...3 years !
    You shouldn't need to send it to B&R for basic service. Most reputable watchmakers can pull them apart and service rather easily. I've seen my watchmaker do this on a piece that the owner yanked the crown out... No biggie
    > > > @bellandrossworld

Airman Basic
    I have always just had an AD service my watches as they tend to have a lot of experience with the watch brands they sell. 3 year maintenance periods do not need to be sent out, but are important to make sure water resistance is continued and that the movement is fine-tuned to ensure longevity.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bost0109 View Post
    Hello!
    I recently purchased a Bell and Ross BR03-92 with steel case and black dial. I have had some trouble determining which movement is in my watch. When I purchased the watch I was told it was an ETA movement (2892). After doing some research I learned that depending on availability at the time of manufacture, it may also contain a Sellita SW300 movement. I am hoping there is an ETA movement in mine as it is considered a superior movement to the Sellita. I was told it is possible to track down the movement used in a particular watch by the serial number. BR03-92-S-17849 is my serial number. I would greatly appreciate it if you look up this info for me. Thanks.
    Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in the Bell & Ross brand.
    As you already know, our customer service gave you the confirmation that your watch is containing an ETA movement, thanks to the serial number.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask us we remain available.

Have a good day.

Bell & Ross Team.

Airman Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Ross View Post
    Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in the Bell & Ross brand.
    As you already know, our customer service gave you the confirmation that your watch is containing an ETA movement, thanks to the serial number.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask us we remain available.

Have a good day.

Bell & Ross Team.
    I started this thread before I received confirmation, and I am very grateful for your help. I am wondering if you might be willing to list the other movements that are used in the BR03-92 line as you had mentioned there were several. This transparency would be very useful to current owners and those considering future purchases. Thank you!

The 2892 is 21 jewel I believe and the SW300 is 25 jewel.
    Last edited by jjarocki; 11-13-2015 at 18:18.

Though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil because the RF-4 is one fast son of a......

I was waiting for my 03-92 Ceramic to return from service. The calendar adjustment is counter-clockwise indicating ETA.

Though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil because the RF-4 is one fast son of a......

Airman Basic
    hi. I just bought the new 03-92 steel. I could see the difference there is no "do not unscrew" screw at the case back. In the manual it said that my watch use BR-CAL 302 , 37 jewels and 28,800 vph. It is clearly not a ETA 2829 or Sellita SW300 movement. I like to know which movement they use as base in my watch.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Although it's called BR-CAL 302, it's clearly a ETA 2892 or a SW300 inside...

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Airman Basic
    Thanks for the info, but I found Sellita SW300 using 25 jewels, and ETA 2892 using 21 jewels.