+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B&R View Post
    Compare of course we will compare with other brands.

Just we don't want to regret it after we bought.

To be honest, Bell & Ross design really not bad.

But the year of the brand make me feel that it just started to begin build this brand.

We still don't know whether this brand can really improve or not.

If not mistaken, Bell & Ross was launched in year 1992.

Just 23 years only.

Not popular as Tag Heuer or Rolex or Panerai.

You ask everyone, "DO YOU KNOW TAG HEUER OR ROLEX OR PANERAI BRANDS???"

They will say "YES".

"WHAT ABOUT BELL & ROSS???

Mostly they all said "NO".

I already asked my friends, they gave me the same answer. "NO".

So, someone have to do something to make Bell & Ross brand to be popular.

Let all the people knows this brand exist.
    Watches are a very personal choice. Being 'popular' doesn't mean something is better. Give me a quiet gastronomic restaurant before McDonalds, or some other shitty chain of restaurants every time. Do you prefer shoes off the high street or Berluti..... do you want to wear the same watch as everyone else, or do you want to wear something less mainstream ?

All of us on here know about Rolex, Tag, etc.... yet still choose to own a B&R. Some on here own a range of other brands also, but the B&R holds its own in the eyes of those that own them. Many of my friends didn't know about B&R before they saw my watch ... but they now love the brand, and I know that some of them will also purchase a B&R. I am always proud to wear it.

I tend to agree with 'VintageRow' that you probably shouldn't buy a B&R because you don't understand what they are, and what makes them different.

I wish you good luck on your quest to find watches that suit your desires.
    Last edited by Lewisman; 01-11-2015 at 06:08.

You should also try Festina or Guess : really well-known brands and everyone around you will recognize those watches, already very popular. BR doesn't worth it : just a small isolated brand that rises slightly...
    Last edited by Nolimits; 01-11-2015 at 07:02.
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    BR 03-92 Steel

Airman First Class
    I own Panerai, Rolex, and BR... The best freaking part about the BR is that most people don't know what it is!!! Well, the right people know what it is, and it's been a conversation piece that has led to a great friendship, can't say the same for the Rollys or PAM. Watch enthusiasts and designers recognized my BR; a waiter, the dude at Nordstroms, and my car salesman recognized the Rolexes and Panerai.

Personally, I try to avoid some types of attention. Sounds like you might be buying for the wrong reasons mate, enjoy whatever you settle on, good luck. I enjoy all my watches but the BR community is the best, and I like the fact it's a unique design, a narrow market, with less precedent to dictate the future of the brand.

Take no offense, but you seem to be overthinking it without a fully developed understanding of the luxury watch industry. I'd say either research more and develop a meaningful conclusion, or just go buy the most popular brand you can afford so you can impress everyone you meet
    Last edited by J_Dubbs; 01-12-2015 at 04:27.
    BRs Golden Heritage Automatic (for her)
    BR01-96 Grande Date
    BR03-92 Military Type (green ceramic)
    Space 1
    AIRSPEED

IG: @jazzypantsyeah

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewisman View Post
    I tend to agree with 'VintageRow' that you probably shouldn't buy a B&R because you don't understand what they are, and what makes them different.
    " watch different "

@ Eric B&R : FYI, Bell&Ross booth/Baselworld : Hall 1.0 ground floor
    Last edited by fatboy1340; 01-12-2015 at 07:07.

I surveyed the planet to find the planets best looking dive watch.

I found it and as an added bonus it came with a PVD carbon coating, internal rotating bezel, fantastic lume, a date window, 1000 meters water resistant, automatic helium escape valve, the choice of rubber or canvas strap, screw down crowns and case and no bling.

Quite simply it is called the Bell & Ross BR02 Pro Dial.

Just look at its sheer beauty as I do every day:

What other dive watch looks like this?

I rest my case.

Airman Basic
    I know some of you not very satisfied with me because I always comparing to other brands.

And I know all of you owns a lot of luxury watches with experiences too.

But this is my first time I gonna own a luxury watch.

I have to make decision very carefully.

Yes, I admit it.

I not a professional in watches.

I don't know anything about Automatic Movement.

That's why I open this topic to take this opportunity to learn your experiences about watches.

One of my favorite things about B&R is that they're relatively unknown to the general public (at least in the USA), but usually known to other watch enthusiasts. I don't feel self-conscious about wearing a higher end watch the same way I might with a Rolex or PAM.

That said, I hope B&R gains popularity to help the brand expand and reach out to untapped markets so the company has continued growth and success.
    Last edited by sean.scott; 01-14-2015 at 19:51.
    BR 01-92 Carbon Fiber Phantom LTD/500
    BR 03 Red Radar LTD/250
    BR 03-90 Grande Date & Réserve de Marche
    BR 03-92 Military Type Green Ceramic
    BR 03-94 Orange LTD/250
    Military M1 by Sinn
    Pilot B by Sinn - For Sale
    Space 3 White Dial - For Sale

http://bellrosswiki.com | http://blog.bellrosswiki.com | instagram @BellRossWiki

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Well said Sean, totally agree with you.

I've had 2 PAM, but gutted to see now how the brand is turning.

I'm so proud to wear my "not so well known" BRs, especially because I don't see my watches on every wrists.

Readability, performance, precision and water-resistance : nothin' else to say

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

everything that needs to be said is said...

I'll only add BRo's FOR LIFE!

i take my last post back..

how many watch brands do you know of that is tagged "aviation" but is actually involved in aviation?

i'll let my French BRo's answer that one.

Airman Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by XrayHiro View Post
    i take my last post back..

how many watch brands do you know of that is tagged "aviation" but is actually involved in aviation?

i'll let my French BRo's answer that one.
    There's a lot of brands tagged "aviation".

Although it didn't write "aviation" in it but if you read the info mostly talk about "aviation".

OMEGA

IWC

BREITLING

and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sean.scott View Post
    One of my favorite things about B&R is that they're relatively unknown to the general public (at least in the USA), but usually known to other watch enthusiasts. I don't feel self-conscious about wearing a higher end watch the same way I might with a Rolex or PAM.

That said, I hope B&R gains popularity to help the brand expand and reach out to untapped markets so the company has continued growth and success.
    Exactly, I get many compliments on my BR02 and I do not have to feel self-conscious about accepting them, because in this country pretty much no one would know the brand or even heard of it before.

We did have an AD here but they no longer deal with Bell & Ross which would make Bell & Ross even more of an unknown brand. I do not think they sold many BR02’s here, perhaps 2 or 3 at most.

I got my BR02 from the US, I am certain there would be no more than a handful of BR02’s in this country if that many.
    Which would make mine unique down here and I am proud of this.

And the great thing with my model is it does not preach the ‘look at me’ status that other high end brands seem to scream.

It keeps to itself and looks good for it.

@ Eric B&R : about aviation...

Eric,

The only thing I can add is the following. Don't ever buy a watch based on what people think or know of the brand. Especially if they know nothing of it. Buy a watch because of the way it makes you feel when you look at your wrist. Obviously you have come here seeking a greater level of experience. All of us are beyond familiar to this brand. We are loyal to the brand because of the way it makes us feel when we wear it. Please know, you are dealing with experienced collectors who are passionate about watches and specifically Bell & Ross. We have owned other brands and will continue to do so. Yet all of us, from all over the globe, seem to find each other right back here. Every time. Without fail. That should tell you all you need to know.

I wish you luck on your journey and do hope you will join us.

all the best,
    Eric
    > > > @bellandrossworld

The voice of reason. Well said Eric.

Nice Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by EF76 View Post
    Eric,
    Yet all of us, from all over the globe, seem to find each other right back here. Every time. Without fail. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Eric
    nothing to add.
    Congrats E.

HAGWE BROG
    &&&&&

When I was in my 30's-40's, I purchased a SS Datejust (traded +added cash) purchased an 18K/SS Datejust that I still own. When I retired after 50+ years of school, work, life... I bought a Rolex I (114270) Explorer. On a whin, I also bought a Bell & Ross BR123 Geneva. I wear the B&R most of all, for its exact fit, I get compliments from women, (I also purchased the SS bracelet -110101, keep it in the box). Buy the one you want. You'll seldom have regrets.

My 2 cents worth:
    If you want to be like everyone else then go for Tag, Rolex, Breitling....bla bla bla.
    But if you want to have something unique then go for B&R.
    I was like you when I started out, went for the know brands first. But one day I was walking in the mall with my wife and came across Bell & Ross and I was instantly hooked.
    I first saw the Heritage 126 (round Face) and went to try it on. but then saw the 03-94 Heritage (Square Face) and fell in love! That was my first BR and 6 BR's later I am still love with the brand.

So to make your decision easy, if you put it on your wrist and feel nothing then this brand is not for you.
    Cheers and good luck
    BR 01-96 White Dial
    BR 01-93 GMT
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    Instagram @armidoro1

About Bell & Ross compare to other brands.

" watch different "
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&