+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

Accuracy of br01-97, running a little fast

Hello everyone, I just joined the b&r forums a few days ago. I'm in the process of purchasing my first b&r, a br01-97 power reserve. I absolutely love the fit, feel and look of this watch. I have a question though, what's the official tolerance from b&r as to accuracy.
    I first got this watch a little over 4 days ago and it is already a little under 10 seconds too fast. I have honestly never checked the accuracy of my other watches but this seemed a little high. However I have checked elsewhere on this forum and apparently this might be within the limits. Do you guys know what the official word from b&r is? What is your personal experiences with your timepieces and what models do you guys have?
    Again, thank you guys for everything, you are extremely helpful. I'm going to attach the pictures of the watch.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    BR01-97

Yes, its working to spec. Office tolerance, as stated by Bell and Ross is +/- 10sec, for all models.

What i've found useful is to let the watch drain completely and then winding it back up again.

Hope this helps. Also a service always clears it up if you want to go down that path, but being a new watch i'm guessing you don't want to be without it for a while since you've finally got it =)

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    well say XH !

keep us inform CarlosS
    &&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Airman Basic
    Thanks foe the help, one quick question; you stated that the official tolerance is +/- 10seconds, but my question is every how often? Is it every day? Seems like kind of a lot, but then again if that is their tolerance. Do you guys have any links to the oficial b&r tolerance page?
    Thanks for everything!
    BR01-97

per day as stated in the instruction manual

as to what that really means i think i'll let the experts say.
    not sure if that is accumulative or not.