+ Reply to Thread

An American (BR) WIS in Paris

It’s been a busy week for me in Paris but the highlight of my trip was the planned visit to the Bell & Ross Headquarters, the B&R Village Royale Boutique and the GTG with the french BR0s.

My first few days in France have been full of sightseeing in Paris and a quick trip to Nice.

My girlfriend, Lisa, had meticulously planned our trip had left a nice big gap for our my “Bell & Ross” day and she thankfully put up with all of my watch stops for the day.

I was going to visit the B&R HQ in the late afternoon and our agenda was open, so we decided to stop by the B&R Boutique at Village Royal in hopes that Julien aka @Gudzyy would be working. He was, of course, so we we able to catch up for the first time in person since we met in New York two years ago.

I hadn’t seen any of the 2015 models in person yet, so I was anxious to try them on. While at the boutique I was able to try on the new BR 03-94 Ceramic Matte and Heritage as well as the amazing BR-X1 Carbon Forge. Both watches were great and I really think the black ceramic 03-94 might be my next Bell & Ross watch. My girlfriend is convinced I need the BR Wall Clock for my apartment…

While we were chatting, Joe (J_Dubbs on the form and @jazzypantsyeah on IG) happened to stop by at the same time so we had a mini GTG at the boutique and we discussed his possible upcoming BR01 Airspeed purchase and I got to check out his old school BR Space 1.

My lady and I said our goodbyes, and went and grabbed some lunch at the famous Angelina’s hot chocolate before heading to the B&R HQ.

I arrived at the HQ and was pleasantly greeted by the receptionist who kindly let me me take some hop in the well known jet in the lobby.

Welcomed by Antonion and Pierre, I was allowed to browse the showroom and admire all of the wonderful display cases, art and photos.

They brought me many watch trays full of this year’s new models and I was able to try on some of my favorites like the Desert Type, Military Type Ceramic, Edicion Limitada.

I was even able to get up close and personal with the X1 Tourbillon!

We discussed much about B&R and my Bell & Ross Wiki site and even had some champagne. We took some group photos with the "Carlos style" wrist pose (vintage B&R Function on Antonin and 03-94 Commando on Pierre) and bid each other adieu as we’d meet up again later in the evening at the BRGang GTG.

It was a small reunion where we met at Le Mom, a common BRGang GTG spot, a bit later. Jean-Baptiste (IG @watchak), Mathieu (IG @untempsaparis), and Antonin were already there having their first mojitos. Just a bit after we arrived, Julien and Joe arrived as well. We had some drinks outside and had our first table shot discussing all of the watches that the group had brought.

It was a bit hot out, so we moved inside to continue our GTG in the air conditioning and order some food. Those that know me well, know that my food palate is less than adventurous, but the BRGang fellas were able to convince me to try foie gras and a few other French delicacies.

The night, of course, would not be complete with the signature BR sandwich, built by the Julien.

We ended the night with another round of a drinks at another BRGang favorite, Le Général,

I really want to thank Antonin, Pierre, and everyone at the Bell & Ross headquarters for inviting me, the French forum members who let them know I was coming , Julien for this tour of the BR boutique, and Jean-Baptiste for setting up the BRGang GTG. We've felt welcomed by everyone this entire trip and feel like an honorary member of the BRGang (I now have the patch and key ring to prove it ).

Cheers,
    Sean
    BR 01-92 Carbon Fiber Phantom LTD/500
    BR 03 Red Radar LTD/250
    BR 03-90 Grande Date & Réserve de Marche
    BR 03-92 Military Type Green Ceramic
    BR 03-94 Orange LTD/250
    Military M1 by Sinn
    Pilot B by Sinn - For Sale
    Space 3 White Dial - For Sale

http://bellrosswiki.com | http://blog.bellrosswiki.com | instagram @BellRossWiki

Next time we will invade NYC

Was great to see you buddy.

Thank you for this awesome report
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

wow! fantastic. that would be my dream trip. thanks for sharing!
    BR 03-94 Carbon
    BR 01-92 Ltd Green Radar

Instagram: Mr_JHsieh

Airman Basic
    Great wrap-up...and hope I can join in one of these someday.

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudzyy View Post
    Next time we will invade NYC
    Totally agree !!! Froggies will eat the Big Apple...
    Wow, great report Sean, it sounds you had a great time!
    Did you enjoy foie gras???

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

excellent write-up Sean and it looks like a great time! There is definitely something unique about the BR community - I don't know any other online group this friendly and welcoming. Glad to see such a good turn out for the gtg and an awesome table full of watches!!
    BR 01-92 SS
    BR 01-94 Carbon
    BR 03-92 Carbon Blue
    BR 03-51 Carbon
    BR 03-94 Carbon Orange LTD

Command Chief Master Sergeant fatboy1340's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing.
    100% BROG DNA.
    Hope to meet next time.
    &&&&
    In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
    &&&

Great!!! I would have loved to fly over, but the bloody business trip to England made it impossible ������
    First: BRV123 Commando
    Last: BR 01-92 Skull Bronze
    Next: BR ??

Airman Basic
    Hi Sean !

Very pleased to meet you and Lisa ! It was a really cool dinner even if you speak too fast haha !

A very good brog spirit !

Awesome report BRO and glad you enjoyed it!!

I will hopefully meet some of the Bro's in Paris next month!!!
    BR 01-96 White Dial
    BR 01-93 GMT
    BR 02-92 Pro Dial
    Instagram @armidoro1

Great write up Sean, thanks for all your excellent photos and good to see your girlfriend allowed you to plan a day around Bell & Ross activities, very supportive.

Amazing trip and report!!! So thrilled the BR community meets up like this.

We're about due for another NYC GTG.....
    > > > @bellandrossworld

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force
    One of the Twin Towers comes soon...

BR126 Sport Héritage GMT & Flyback
    WW2 Regulateur Officer
    BR01-92 Ltd Compass RoseGold & Carbon
    BR01-92 Ltd Carbon Fiber
    BR01-92 Ltd Airborne II
    BR01-92 Ltd Burning Skull
    BR01-92 Ceramic
    BR01-94 SS White
    BR01-94 Pro Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EF76 View Post
    Amazing trip and report!!! So thrilled the BR community meets up like this.

We're about due for another NYC GTG.....
    Yes. I need to see that new Space 1 in person!
    BR 01-92 Carbon Fiber Phantom LTD/500
    BR 03 Red Radar LTD/250
    BR 03-90 Grande Date & Réserve de Marche
    BR 03-92 Military Type Green Ceramic
    BR 03-94 Orange LTD/250
    Military M1 by Sinn
    Pilot B by Sinn - For Sale
    Space 3 White Dial - For Sale

http://bellrosswiki.com | http://blog.bellrosswiki.com | instagram @BellRossWiki

Airman First Class
    I noticed they've got a banner on the front of the forums linking to this thread... Wearing my Airspeed right now and happened to click on this, what a great GTG that was, nice thread here- gotta do it again sometime!
    BRs Golden Heritage Automatic (for her)
    BR01-96 Grande Date
    BR03-92 Military Type (green ceramic)
    Space 1
    AIRSPEED

IG: @jazzypantsyeah