+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

Thumbs up B&R WW1-96 WINDING ISSUES

Recently I purchased a new WW-1 from a dealer while in Europe and immediately lost the box and instructions. I am confused as to how to wind the watch manually, specifically as to how to orient the watch whilst winding, how many "clicks" to put the winder out, and which way to wind if I hold it face up in my left hand and wind with my right. Many hours of searching the web and B&R's site have not helped.
    Any advice greatly appreciated,
    Alan

Generally, you have to wind it clockwise. 30-40times should be enough.
    Gudzyy

BR01 92 | 93 | 94 | 97 | Airborne --- BR-X1
    Pilot Sapphire Chasse Embarquee et 10th Anniversary
    Exclusive trio R.A.I.D
    (gone : 01-92SS Black, 02-94SS, 01-92Radar, Officer 123 silver, 03-94 héritage,0196 white,BR02CF)

Airman Basic
    Thank you Gudzyy, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Do you know if I need to pull the winder out to either the 1st or 2nd stop to wind? One is for adjusting time and I'm think the other is for the date but I'm unwilling to risk breaking it through my unfortunate ignorance of the correct method.

Thanks again for your kindness,
    Alan

When winding, you do not want to pull the crown (winder) out at all. Pulling the crown to the 1st click will allow you to quick set the date and the 2nd click is what allows you to set the time. Winding the crown in either of those positions will not provide any power to the watch.
    BR 01-92 Carbon Fiber Phantom LTD/500
    BR 03 Red Radar LTD/250
    BR 03-90 Grande Date & Réserve de Marche
    BR 03-92 Military Type Green Ceramic
    BR 03-94 Orange LTD/250
    Military M1 by Sinn
    Pilot B by Sinn - For Sale
    Space 3 White Dial - For Sale

http://bellrosswiki.com | http://blog.bellrosswiki.com | instagram @BellRossWiki

Airman First Class
    And don't use the quick-set date function when the hands are between 9pm-9am... To be safe, pull out to the hand position, adjust time to afternoon, then use quick date to set to the date prior to current date. Then go back to hands set position and roll past midnight to current time. To wind, whether unscrewing first or not, the wind position is when the crown is not pulled out. If you have a screw-down crown make sure not to crank on it when tightening, only needs to be snug. Lastly, if it's a screw down then remember to press and turn the opposite direction prior to tightening to make sure the threads are aligned. If it's not a screw down crown then just turning while the crown is pushed in will wind it.
    BRs Golden Heritage Automatic (for her)
    BR01-96 Grande Date
    BR03-92 Military Type (green ceramic)
    Space 1
    AIRSPEED

IG: @jazzypantsyeah

Airman Basic
    Thank you all for providing the relevant information. I was really confused, and a little exasperated, due to my inability to locate a manual on the web. I might add that the 2 emails to,and the several phone calls/messages left at, the service center in Miami Beach, all of which remain unanswered, certainly didn't help my frustration levels.
    I really appreciate the members of the forum who stepped in to fill the void.
    Alan