+ Reply to Thread

New B&R drilled lugs on Military Ceramic.

When is B&R going to update its info and owners manual for the new drilled lugs on the ceramic military? I see we still get the older style tools in the box. What is the springbar size and thickness for reference?

Airman Basic
    Apparently this was done on only the new ceramic pieces and they still give the old tools inside the package. I believe the spring bar dimensions are your typical spring bar size. So any straps should be able to fit well. May require tubes though to make sure your custom strap holds well.

Airman Basic
    They should have made the the mounting screws, bolts to tolerance where they could not be overtighned. The old spring bar type is a hassle to change and inferior to the old system. If I had noticed B&R was using a spring bar system would have never purchased it. I probably will not purchase another one. Out dated manual no extra spring bars and customer service not returning my calls they are going backwards with their customers.
    Vikingok

New B&R drilled lugs on Military Ceramic.

Have to agree - seems to me focus is now entirely on high end unaffordable timepieces and the details have been forgotten - try buying an 02 or 01 black rubber strap on UK E Boutique! Why is the yellow only S/M? Where is the orange rubber we've asked for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheBounder
    Manila-Philippines

BR02-94 Rose Gold
    BR 126 Sport

Omega Speedmaster CoAx 3313

BREMONT U2 DLC
    BREMONT Solo

Gone: 02-94 Steel, 01-93GMT, 126Vintage, Hydromax x 2 (white and Black face), BR02 Pro, 03 Military (special) BR01-94, BR01/92 Carbonfibre Ltd, BR01/94 Blue Ltd, Pro Ti 01/94,

Staff Sergeant
    Little on the lazy side not to update the tools needed ..I suppose they are pretty cheap to find though.
    01/92 Skull Bronze.........................Limited Edition
    01/94 Carbon Fiber .......................Limited Edition
    01/94 Carbon Fiber Phantom .......Limited Edition
    01/92 Flight Instrument Horizon...Limited Edition
    01/92 Ceramic
    WW1-97 Reserve de Marche

Airman Basic
    $100.00 on their web site.

How is a "quality" springbar inferior? Its used on all the high end divers from Rolex, Omega ,Breitling, etc... Its also more true to what a tool watch would have as its ease on changing a strap in the field without any proprietary tools.
    One could argue that a screw holding a strap to the case could loosen and fail easier than a spring bar.