+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

Advice on BR126 Vintage

Hello All,

I am happy to join the B&R community! I have had me eye on a a BR126 Vintage for a while now, and i have the chance to buy a new watch. However after being sent photos of the watch, i would like some advice from the experts!

I have nothing to tell me that there is anything that is not correct with the watch, but the strap puzzles me....

It seems to have a pin clasp strap fitted to a buckle clasp fixing, which i know is not right.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? or could shed any light. From the pictures supplied do we think it is a genuine watch?

if anybody needs any other information please just let me know.

Photos of the watch are here - https://www.flickr.com/gp/8401667@N05/8U11T8

Many Thanks!
    Rich

Airman Basic
    Hi Rich,

Seeing your pictures, especially the back casing, your watch looks pretty authentic to me.
    But with a flat pin on one side, holes on the other sides should be rectangular. This is quite strange.
    You should show it to a B&R authorised dealer.

Mathieu.

Airman Basic
    Thank you Mathieu,

I have no reason to believe the watch would not be authentic, but like you, it seems strange to have the wrong strap.

I will look into taking it to a B&R dealer. Do you know if the only authorised one in the U.K. is in London?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards
    Rich

Airman Basic
    As per the official B&R website this is not the only one.
    Check the store locator on the website

Airman
    Hey Rich,

That strap is the Vintage Brown Calfskin, which come in two versions. One version has the square holes and is compatible only with the pin buckle (which you have). The other version (which yours is) has the round holes and is compatible only with the BR folding deployant buckles.

I don't think B&R has a PVD deployant so that watch should have come with the strap with square holes for that PVD buckle. Otherwise, everything looks authentic.

Hope this helps.

Frank
    Vintage 123 Military Type
    Vintage 123 Original

Airman Basic
    Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback, your thoughts are exactly the same as mine. It seems like a mismatch of genuine straps. I will take it to my local dealer and see what they say.

The easiest option may be to buy a replacement part of the strap to make things correct again.

Many Thanks
    Rich