+ Reply to Thread
    Airman Basic

BRS-98-BCS-04030 Authentic ???

Hello guys,

I've just bought this nice watch via Catawiki.com (auction portal) while the seller was www.timepiecebank.com

My question is, is this watch legit or a fake?

My considerations are:
    - I've bought the watch 3 weeks ago, when I now look on TimepieceBank or Catawiki, or Chrono24 or other portals, the watch with the same description: "BRS-98-BCS-04030" is still there. On Catawiki there are new auctions for the same watch! If the last 5 digits from the model no is a serial number: 04030, it has to be a fake. How otherwise they could have more watches with the same number. Only if the whole description: BRS-98-BCS-04030 would describe just the model and no ser.num, it could be real.
    Browse for BRS-98-BCS-04030 and you will see many pages with the watch.
    - On the warranty card, where should be a store stamp, there is simply a sticker saying Bell & Ross, no address or name of shop.
    - The paper manual included describes the watch with a ceramic strap, but the watch comes with a silicon strap. It could be that the box and warranty card with manual are from a different model and the watch is stil authentic (want to be possitive
    - If you browse model No: "brs-blce-diam/sce", the watch found does have a different shape of a second hand. But mostly more the watches found looks like a fake to me, rather than my watch. The second hand could also be changed during model years. Does anybody have older catalogues?
    But overall, the watch manufacturing seems nice and clean, with good materials.

I'm attaching several photos.
    Does anybody have serious knowledge of this model, catalogues (it could be quite old), serial/model number descriptions and COULD HELP? It was not cheap and both Catawiki and TimePiece Bank seems to make serious business with many watches, even much more expensive than this one.

THANKS !!!

PIT
    Attached Images

Airman First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by PIT View Post
    Hello guys,

I've just bought this nice watch via Catawiki.com (auction portal) while the seller was www.timepiecebank.com

My question is, is this watch legit or a fake?

My considerations are:
    - I've bought the watch 3 weeks ago, when I now look on TimepieceBank or Catawiki, or Chrono24 or other portals, the watch with the same description: "BRS-98-BCS-04030" is still there. On Catawiki there are new auctions for the same watch! If the last 5 digits from the model no is a serial number: 04030, it has to be a fake. How otherwise they could have more watches with the same number. Only if the whole description: BRS-98-BCS-04030 would describe just the model and no ser.num, it could be real.
    Browse for BRS-98-BCS-04030 and you will see many pages with the watch.
    - On the warranty card, where should be a store stamp, there is simply a sticker saying Bell & Ross, no address or name of shop.
    - The paper manual included describes the watch with a ceramic strap, but the watch comes with a silicon strap. It could be that the box and warranty card with manual are from a different model and the watch is stil authentic (want to be possitive
    - If you browse model No: "brs-blce-diam/sce", the watch found does have a different shape of a second hand. But mostly more the watches found looks like a fake to me, rather than my watch. The second hand could also be changed during model years. Does anybody have older catalogues?
    But overall, the watch manufacturing seems nice and clean, with good materials.

I'm attaching several photos.
    Does anybody have serious knowledge of this model, catalogues (it could be quite old), serial/model number descriptions and COULD HELP? It was not cheap and both Catawiki and TimePiece Bank seems to make serious business with many watches, even much more expensive than this one.

THANKS !!!

PIT
    The serial number is after the model on my 2. I don’t have this one. one is a br03 commando, the other 03-88. But the case and paper work all look good. The card would not be stamped because the seller was not an AD.

It could be they did not do photos multiple times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Airman Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceKrig View Post
    The serial number is after the model on my 2. I don’t have this one. one is a br03 commando, the other 03-88. But the case and paper work all look good. The card would not be stamped because the seller was not an AD.

It could be they did not do photos multiple times.

Thanks for your reply.
    If photos would not be made new for the same model, that I can somehow understand. But leaving the manufacturer reference, description etc with the serial number - that is either strange, shows that it's a fake or is quite or is quite unprofessional...
    A catalogue with this model or better somebody with the same model is here, that would be really nice.

Airman First Class
    On looking on line more chrono24 has it listed the same way. I am guessing that is not the serial number, but part of the model. On my 03-88, the 88 is a reference to the quartz movement. And on the 03-92, the 92 is part of the ETA 2892 movement it is based on.

Airman Basic

Catalogue

Guys, nobody with some older catalogues ?

Thanks