+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Airman Basic

Authentic BR03-92 Carbon?

Hi B&R experts,

in 2012 I purchased this BR03-92 Carbon, including box and papers. Papers match the serial number as well but recently questions have risen about the authenticity of this piece. This is caused by the positioning of the case back screw. I did read somewhere that the early PVD version may have the screw more to the left, so under the NO from the DO NOT UNSCREW. Later examples show the screw under the U.

So here I have two questions for you:

1. Can anyone confirm the authenticity of the watch based upon the attached pictures?
    2. How does the stem release? By first removing the screw from the case back and then what? Is there some pusher or will the stem just be released like that?

Many thanks for all your help!

WatchWalker

IMG_9461.jpgIMG_9464.jpgIMG_9463.jpgIMG_9462.jpg

Staff Sergeant
    Looks ok to me ..
    01/94 Carbon Fiber .......................Limited Edition
    01/94 Carbon Fiber Phantom .......Limited Edition
    01/92 Flight Instrument Horizon...Limited Edition
    01/92 Ceramic
    WW1-97 Reserve de Marche

Airman Basic

screws

The 4 external casing screws and one screw on the back of the watch hold it together. The movement and dial actually come out through the front not the back. You should have no reason to remove the screw.

Airman Basic
    Quote Originally Posted by j.davis View Post
    The 4 external casing screws and one screw on the back of the watch hold it together. The movement and dial actually come out through the front not the back. You should have no reason to remove the screw.
    Thank you, I was aware of that. I was only wondering the exact function of the screw on the back. I know that when releasing the stem you have to open the complete watch to reinstall it. My intention is not to do this, just want to understand the mechanics.
    Time only moves in one direction
    IG @watchwalker

Airman Basic
    Hi all, newbie here (not new to watches).

Shouldn't the "Do Not Unscrew" screw be tapered & flushed?